9th International Whey Conference
A Better Whey of Life
6th - 9th September 2020 | RDS Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
The 9th International Whey Conference (IWC2020) is a unique forum which will bring everyone involved in whey processing together from around the world for an interactive dialogue on the most relevant aspects of whey production, processing and applications.
The conference will provide a platform to exchange knowledge and experiences between the whey business community and scientists worldwide. The programme is designed with networking and interaction as a high priority.
The thematic areas for the 9th International Whey Conference (IWC2020) are nutrition, ingredients, markets, technology, sustainability & environment, applications, regulations & policy and communications. The conference has a carefully constructed balance of technical and commercial contributions and will inform scientists of the needs of whey processors and end users, present the latest scientific findings and processing technologies and provide an opportunity for our shared addressing of the challenges facing the whey processing industry.
The conference will give the new generation of scientists, technologists and engineers involved in whey processing the valuable opportunity to learn about new developments and to contribute their latest research in the form of oral and poster communications. An award will be made available for the best overall early-stage researcher contribution.
The conference Market Place will offer delegates valuable networking opportunities with equipment, technology, software and other solution providers for the whey processing industry.
Delegates of the 9th International Whey Conference (IWC2020) will leave more knowledgeable, connected, enthused and confident in the future of our great whey industry.
Oral and paper abstracts are now invited on the following topics. They should be submitted using the online abstract submission system. Abstract Submission Deadline: 27 March 2020
- Sustainability & Environment
- Regulations & Policy
Chair of Organising Committee:
- Bénédicte Masure, EWPA, Belgium
Dan McMahon, Arrabawn, Ireland
- Seamus O’Mahony, University College Cork, Ireland
- James Neville, Volac, United Kingdom
- Fraser Tooley, FrieslandCampina, The Netherlands
- Blake Anderson, ADPI, USA
Chair of Scientific Committee:
Seamus O’Mahony, University College Cork, Ireland
- Henrik Jørgen Andersen, ARLA Food Ingredients, Denmark
- Simon Bauer, BMI, Germany
- Michelle Collins, Glanbia, Ireland
- Mark Fenelon, TEAGASC, Ireland
- Thom Huppertz, FrieslandCampina, The Netherlands
- Andreas Linsenmeier, Milei, Germany
- Eric Bastian, Dairy West, USA
- Kimberlee Burrington, Center for Dairy Research, USA
- Veronique Lagrange, ADPI, USA
- Geoff Smithers, G.S. Food Industry Consulting Service, Australia